A MANIFESTO IN 41 TALES
Chin—an award-winning poet making her fiction debut—eagerly messes with chronology, genre and point of view as she portrays a set of Chinese-American twin sisters growing up under the watchful and occasionally vengeful guardianship of their grandmother. Some sections of the book read like romances or folktales, while others crackle with snappy dialogue and youthful exuberance.
Clearly possessing a diverse sensibility, Chin is comfortable alluding to the Buddha and Johnny Depp on the same page. The sisters of the novel are a classic pair of opposites: Mei Ling is pretty, outgoing and promiscuous, while Moonie is thoughtful and grounded.
Marilyn Chin - "Revenge of the Mooncake Vixen"
Tradition pulls at them usually in the looming form of their grandmother , but Moonie and Mei Ling are resolutely American, contending with opportunities at once freeing and fraught. LibraryThing member ChrisWeir. An interesting mix of several tales of twin Asian girls growing up in California in the s. It had a mix of "parables" and almost erotic stories. The two girls live with their aging grandmother and help with the double happiness restaurant.
Some parts were very good and other parts just kind of left me flat.
Revenge of the Mooncake Vixen : a manifesto in 41 tales
Subjects Chinese American women Fiction. Sisters Fiction.
Twins Fiction. Language English.
REVENGE OF THE MOONCAKE VIXEN / CHIN MARILYN
Physical description p. ISBN Third Class Superhero by Charles Yu. Secondhand World by Katherine Min.
- Revenge of the Mooncake Vixen: A Manifesto in 41 Tales - Marilyn Chin - Google Libros.
- “Double Happiness”: An Interview with Marilyn Chin | Contemporary Women's Writing | Oxford Academic.
A Free Life by Ha Jin. Monstress: Stories by Lysley Tenorio.
Native Speaker by Chang-Rae Lee. Waiting by Ha Jin.
- Reward Yourself.
- Causes and Consequences of Feelings (Studies in Emotion and Social Interaction).
- The Strange Death of Republican America: Chronicles of a Collapsing Party.
- Atlas of Head and Neck Cancer Surgery: The Compartment Surgery for Resection in 3-D.
- Revenge of the Mooncake Vixen.
Typical American by Gish Jen. Dwarf Bamboo by Marilyn Chin. Everything i never told you by Celeste Ng.